20 May 2006

seatown sayonara

i booked my tickets outta dodge today. on june 16 i bow deeply and bid sayonara to the emerald city. ive done my best to string along pitstops to connect old home to my new (temporary) diggs:

sea-->chi (for zozo's bday)
-->la (for kac leadership conference and fun)
-->stl (for speaking engagement and a lil pride)
-->atl (unless my girl cindy aint there)
-->chi (to live for a bit.)

in typical form im not reacting emotionally to my departure (yet). perhaps in its place is my familiar relief at the prospect of being thousands of miles away from my closest friends. i should work on this detachment stuff. id say i was lonely, but that would mean i longed to be with other people, right?

folks responses have been interesting. it seems like the default response to naming your new locale is 'wow, ive always wanted to live there!' or sumting along those lines. cant say chicago elicits much more than 'oh, really? why there?' from seattles coastal snobs. why the lack o love for americas #3 city on the big lake?

well, time to get crackin on all the rigamarole involved with moving... selling my place, packing, heightened sexual activity and making time to do or re-do all those seattle things ill miss: sunbathing on the west seattle riviera (alki), lunching at thai thom, camping on the coast, and chang bangin it one more time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home