16 June 2006

...and pants is off!

i left seattle this morning sans nostalgia. lately, however, i have felt a low level malaise creep in as my departure approached. made uncomfortable by this familiar resentment, last night i was wimpy and distracted myself with a nice boy to avoid feeling what the emotional cogs were processing. recent events should encourage greater scrutiny.

i can pretend it was the salsa or tequila, but seeing myself drop momentarily to my knees in front of an aged man in the club was the wakeup call i needed to cease and desist the past few weeks' sluttiness. thankfully, no zippers flew, but me thinks it prudent to think about how leaving town influenced recent choices.

i spent the past week making my soon to be sales-worthy home immaculate- taking long days to install wood floors, paint and cart loads of shiz to storage and dumpsters. to this old man, theres nuthin worse than taking a cat nap at 5 am when you must rise in 90 mins to catch ur flight. this morning my dear chipko drove me to sea-tac where i did the unthinkable (checked two bags) and was rewarded with a first class upgrade. pants had never ever known nuthin but steerage. the cushy seats, unlimited drank and warm mixed nuts were over hyped, but nice nevertheless.

ive realized that this move is more about leaving seattle than moving to chicago. ill be in chitown for 24 hours (for zuzus bday partay) before a 2-wk puddle jumping tour. ill spend most of july in skevanston before another 2-wk trip to montana and seattle (to sell my apt and host my guest), which culminates with one more month in the central time zone before the great fall asia travel bonanza (pending) begins!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home