04 September 2006

friends: real and imagined

its getting late on my departure eve eve, but ive got a few cups of ovaltine and earl grey tea pumpin ma veins with caffeination hateration. after a few melancholy days cycling through the many emotions my voyage will inevitably incite, im antsy to get going.

since none of my 'real' friends elected to join me on my asia power excursion (the 'i have a job' excuse got played out), i discovered jason, my sexy asian cyber friend who will share with me this once in a lifetime experience. traveling 90 days with anyone is a gamble- theres something about being without many of the conveniences of home that makes trekking exhausting. but from the little that weve talked, i learned that jay (i like nicknames) always insists on paying the bill, spontaneously disappears during those tense 'need to be alone' moments, and has intestines of steel.

now, on the off chance that i tire of my make believe mens, come back for profiles of the fine asian men i encounter. sure, traveling solo is kinda romantic, but i dont want to merely trace the well-worn paths of the guidebookers. id much rather find a handsome local to help configure an authentic indigenous experience. in fact, over the next 3 months, i will institute a new policy: i shall only travel with heretofore strangers! take that u employed amigos! and consider how your bygone conventions make me look undesirable to my not-yet friends!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

See you in 24-hours' time.

04 September, 2006 11:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home